The majority of Australian students attend public schools that have no religious affiliation, are mostly coeducational and fully funded by the government. Many of these schools offer specialist areas of study such as sport, the arts, science, aeronautics, etc.
International Full Fee Program
Exchange with School Choice
We can well understand that many students wish to choose the location of their school and homestay family, and if this is you, then this program is a wonderful option. Schools are available all over Australia. Imagine living in tropical Queensland, cosmopolitan Melbourne, Australia’s Capital City Canberra, visually beautiful Sydney, welcoming Adelaide, boom city Perth and one of the last world wildernesses surrounding stimulating cities in Tasmania.
WEP gives you the opportunity to be part of the ‘Aussie ‘ dream by offering you a program where you choose your state, city and school you will attend. Study for a term (3 months), semester (5 months), three terms (9 months), year (11-12 years) or even multiple years. These educational programs are also ideal for those students wanting to attend for more than a year, study at an IB school or graduate and gain tertiary enrolment in Australia. These programs are sometimes called Study Abroad Programs.
Complete the form below and we will introduce you to one of our partner organisations within your region.
40% of Australian students attend independent schools - also sometimes called private schools. A range of independent schools is available to students who want homestay or even boarding. Many have religious affiliations. WEP is happy to quote for these types of schools, however, they will be more expensive than the government system.
The IB program is available in government and independent schools — study for the qualification in Australia or split the IB course between two countries if you have commenced your IB before arriving in Australia.
Australia is one of the few countries that offers students the chance to learn, experience and practice in their area of passion – whether it be sport, the arts, maths and science, outdoor education, etc. favourite sport, arts. Imagine learning or honing your surfing skills, playing hockey at a high level, trying out for Australian Rules football or taking part in a soccer, tennis, golf or volleyball excellence program. These are just a few of the sports available to experts and beginners alike, and many taught as part of the school curriculum. Maybe you prefer to concentrate on dance, or studio arts or drama – available in a multitude of schools. Or get involved in a hospitality class and learn to cook, or outdoor education and learn some very valuable life skills as you venture out into the Australian bush with the school. And for the scientifically minded we have schools that specialise in maths, science, space studies, marine biology, and even agriculture.
Whilst on your program in Australia, you will stay with a Homestay family. This gives you an opportunity to live the true life of an Australian family. The student pays all tuition and other fees for the chosen school and daytoday personal spending, together with homestay costs.
What’s Included in Program Fees
- Enrolment in school of choice
- Tuition fees, registration and enrolment fees giving access to school facilities and a broad range of co-curricular and extra curricular activities such as sport, drama and the arts and a vast range of electives that can be taken during and after school
- Full board in a homestay family
- OSHC (Overseas Student Health Cover) — the mandatory government health insurance policy
- School based International and Homestay Coordinators to supervise your program
- Student handbook
- Liaison with your agent in your home country
- Handling queries from schools about subjects, and school activities before you arrive
- Notifying your school and Education Departments of your arrival details and arranging for you to be met on arrival
- Pre-departure information
- Ensuring you are placed with a suitable homestay family and providing details of your homestay family
- Orientation (online) and access to the WEP Support Platform and Blog.
- Ongoing support and assistance when you arrive in the country if you have questions about your homestay or school program.
- Access to activities and trips to places such as the Great Barrier Reef and the Outback
- The chance to graduate in Australia
- WEP’s emergency phone available 24 hours a day
- You must be a full time secondary/high school student aged between 14–19
- Apply while still enrolled at school in your home country
- Be adaptable, flexible and mature enough to cope with studying abroad
- Be prepared to follow the program, school, homestay and the rules of Australia
- Be physically and mentally fit for the program
- Have medium to good English ability as measured by a SLEP, ELTiS, IELTS or equivalent test.*
* If your English is not a high standard, you can still apply for one of these wonderful programs. However you may need to do some intensive English study before you begin, or be placed into the ESL stream in your chosen school until up to the required standard.
On the full fee program you are guaranteed your school and appropriate year level, can select your subjects and get to participate in amazing activities and excursions. Full English support is available. You will be at school with Australians, but also students from a wide range of countries who, like you, are here to experience a different life, a different school system, new subjects and sports and live life to the full … all with the support of WEP Australia and your school.
Assistance and Support
You will be allocated a school-based coordinator to supervise your academic and social program. This person is available 24 hours a day and will monitor your relationship with your homestay family, schoolmates and staff. WEP Australia is also available 24 hours to students and parents via our office and a staff member’s mobile phone after hours.
No matter which program you apply for, many components are constant. Welcoming and relaxed families; a new and stimulating school system; the possibility to try subjects that you cannot study at home; access to the amazing Australian lifestyle, flora and fauna; new landscapes, cultural activities and sports; tours to tropical Queensland or Central Australia in the school holidays; support from a local volunteer or school coordinator and from all the staff in the WEP head office. And 24 hours support for students and your parents via a phone answered by a staff member.
Click here for our latest flyer
Click here for our latest brochure