© WEP 2017
Interview Preparation Tips
The WEP interview is a vital part of the application process. The application form provides us with information about your family, school grades, health and motivation for undertaking an exchange, but it is in the interview that your true personality shines through.
While the interview is relatively informal and the interviewer will do all they can to put you at ease, it is nonetheless necessary for you to make some preparations.
We suggest that you think about answers to the following questions prior to your interview:
- Why do you want to go on an exchange program?
- How do you think your exchange will affect your future?
- What are your future academic and career goals?
- What do you hope to achieve from the exchange program?
- If you are going to a non-English speaking country, how will you communicate with your host family and make friends at school?
- How will you adjust to living with another family, attending another school, and living in a new culture?
- What do you think are the keys to successful exchange programs?
- What do you know about the country that you have chosen?
- Why do you think a family might be interested in hosting you?
- Do you believe you can achieve your goals and have a once-in-a-lifetime experience while adhering to all the program rules?