© WEP 2020
Become a WEP Coordinator!
Coordinators are wonderful volunteers who provide local contact and support to exchange students and their host families in Australia.
Above all, coordinators support and care about their student’s progress and often build a lifelong bond and friendships with both the student and their host family. It is these wonderful relationships that makes coordinating a truly rewarding and fantastic experience.
So hey, what are you waiting for?! Enquire now!
What is it all about?
- A flexible volunteer role with some expense reimbursement
- Support and encourage the student and their host family during the exchange program in Australia.
- Monitor student adjustment and assimilation into their Australian families and schools
- Interview potential host families
- Interview outbound students
“The positive comments I receive from the student and her host mum are why I love doing this.”
Why should I get involved?
- This is a rewarding opportunity to establish a bond and friendship with an international high school student and their host family
- It’s fun and able to fit in around your other life commitments
- You will become part of a large network of volunteer coordinators and be supported by WEP Australia
“Visiting my student and her host family is always a welcoming and enjoyable time. They bonded very quickly and built a strong family unit. Everyone is happy and gets along really well.”
Who is eligible?
- Anyone over 25 years old (no upper age limit)
- People with a caring and supportive nature
- Effective communicators
“I am always so happy to speak to my student and her host family! It makes me so happy to hear how well they are fitting in with each other.”
Where are coordinators needed?
- all areas of VIC, NSW, QLD including cities, suburbs, country towns, farms and other rural areas!
“I would like to thank the WEP Team for all the help and support that you have given me. I have thoroughly enjoyed my interaction with the students and families I’ve supported. It goes without saying that the support and the learning tools you have given me definitely made my job so enjoyable and fulfilling.”