Australian families open their hearts and minds to international school students and become WEP host families for an array of reasons. However, they all share a desire to discover and enjoy the differences between two distinct lifestyles, supporting an exchange student as they experience living and learning in Australia. Enquire now and receive a comprehensive information pack in the mail!
• Having a photo taken and sent overseas of a meal you have prepared, because it looks so different!
• Knowing someone who is amazed that we can travel for hours and still be in the same state of one country!
• Being part of a young person’s life as they rapidly learn about the subtle differences between people and cultures!
• Putting your own extraordinary efforts and generosity into the personal development of a new family member!
Together, families and students discover that, although vast and multifaceted, the world is filled with people sharing similar hopes, dreams and concerns for the future.
Hosting a student encourages a family to:
• See Australia through the eyes of a non-Australian.
• Visit new places and re-visit old favourites.
• Teach our local customs and language.
• Gain a new family member and friend for life.
• Have lots of fun!
Host families also tell us that hosting an exchange student and learning about another language and culture in their own home is the next best thing to living overseas.
If you would like to hear more from WEP host families Click Here
Alternatively, take the first step to becoming part of the WEP family and Enquire Now
Listen to WEP Australia on Star FM Gippsland with Stampsy and Jake